Bare Metal Servers Start saving money in minutes with our bare metal servers, offering top-end performance and reliability at lower costs.
Start Saving Money in Minutes with a Dedicated Server
Move at the speed of your business. Your bare metal server hosting at ODP could start within minutes and be fully operational within the next hour. As soon as you make the decision to launch your server, the savings can begin.
Your initial results can include:
- Improved performance because of our world-class hardware and no hypervisor
- Complete control over how your software operates in the single-tenant environment
- Fast adaptation to your needs with scalability to change with your business
Our team of engineers and network operatives can help you customize the server to suit your operations. Changes can be made in moments to adapt to your business growth and market needs.
Private Secure Networking Connect Securely with ODP servers & devices within your environment via integration with Cloud Networks & ODP VPN Connect
Fault Management Boot Faster with more local storage & improved reliability and uptime, with RAID 1 mirrored boot devices that are hot-swappable with the capacity of storage your application needs to run
Hybrid Connectivity Integrate easily with Bare Metal Cloud Servers with public, private clouds and dedicated servers using ODP VPN Connect or Bridge Connect
Designed for Scale Consolidate your virtualized workloads onto fewer Bare Metal Servers to reduce complexity as your applications scale
- Our dedicated bare metal server hosting is protected from physical failure by an N+N arrangement to provide backup power to every rack
- Our facilities are ready for outages with an N+1 generator system capable of providing full power for up to 72 hours
- The buildings have integrated biometric security checkpoints, NOVAC fire suppression systems, and round-the-clock CCTV monitoring by our Network Operations Center
- Your performance will never be limited by a metered CPU or IOPS resource limits
What is a bare metal server?
A bare metal server is simply a server without any software layer controlling your apps or usage. This layer of software is called a hypervisor. Hypervisors allow one server to provide multiple operating systems to different clients. Without a hypervisor, bare metal servers are faster and more secure because they are dedicated to a single tenant.
Your Servers Could Be Costing Your Business
Operating your own servers could be costing your business. Your costs do not decrease when your business is not open. Downtime and maintenance bills eat into your profitability. Scaling up to match your business growth involves heavy capital expenditure. All these costs, and more, could be eating into your profits.
Calculating the costs of your IT infrastructure is not straightforward either. A study published by Gartner on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of switching to cloud services such as bare metal servers, clearly indicate that long-term hosted server services are much lower than in-house IT infrastructure.
Server Management Can Slow Down Business Progression
Every decision you make affects your business. Running your own servers can create a whole set of activities that may not be related to your core business:
- Funds must be directed into purchases, maintenance, utilities and upgrades
- Personnel must be employed to manage and maintain the servers
- Time must be allocated for planning routine activities to keep them at optimal performance
All these are ways servers can cost your business through decreased focus on your core business activities.