ODP Office 365 Backup Solutions Back up your Office 365 service with ODP to guard against data loss.
Oman Data Park Can Secure Your Office 365 Data Quickly and Efficiently
Office 365 is the industry leader in collaboration software. Businesses all over the world rely on Microsoft Office and use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneDrive. SharePoint, Exchange, Teams, and other Office 365 apps are growing in popularity. What many business leaders don’t recognize is the lack of backup included in Office 365.
Office 365 does not back up your data. It stores your data, manages your files, and guarantees access to your online space. There is no comprehensive backup service with Office 365.
Oman Data Park (ODP) can help you secure your data. ODP Office Backup Solutions gives you a storage solution to keep your data on your own in-house server or in a protected volume in the ODP cloud.
- Secure data storage with no space limits.
- Keep your data on-site for compliance with data residency regulations.
- Store data in the ODP Cloud for scalable, fast backup and recovery.
- Search backups using the Extensible Storage Engine, Jet Blue, for granular access to files.
- Schedule backups for any time and frequency to manage server load efficiently.
60% of Users Are Wrong: Their Office 365 Data Is Not Backed Up
“6 in 10 users of Office 365 IDC spoke with at an event do not have a data protection plan for their O365 estates or rely on Microsoft’s native capabilities.”
This quote from the International Data Corporation’s (IDC) research into the need for Office 365 backups reveals a problem. Many businesses are confused about what is covered by Microsoft’s Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Microsoft’s SLA does not provide any backup for the customer’s data. The SLA outlines Microsoft’s responsibility for three general categories:
- Security of the Microsoft Cloud, not the data inside it
- Availability of the Microsoft Cloud, not the data inside it
- Compliance of the Microsoft Cloud, not the data inside it
The responsibility for data security, availability, and compliance resides with the customer and not Microsoft. Businesses that do not have a backup plan run a great risk of data loss, compliance failures, and security breaches.
|Microsoft’s Responsibility||Customer Responsibility||Customer Responsibility||ODP Responsibility|
|Security of the infrastructure.||Security of the infrastructure||Security of your Office 365 data in the cloud.||Robust and Secure data protection inside country.|
|Protect data loss against their Infrastructure, Hardware, Software failures, and Power outages not customer Data loss.||Protect data loss against their Infrastructure, Hardware, Software failures, and Power outages not customer Data loss.||Protect data loss against Accidental deletion, Hackers , Ransomware, Malicious insiders, Departing users, and Deactivated accounts.||Protect your data with Backup, Versioning, Archiving, Retention, and Recovery.|
|Provides basic compliance with no responsibility.||Provides basic compliance with no responsibility.||To meet the local compliance and legal requirements.||Complete access and control Helps you in meeting all your compliance requirements with Data encryption, Integrity check, Data migration, Multiple data recovery, etc.|
Six Reasons to Backup Your Office 365 Files
Your organization’s data is not backed up by Office 365 or Microsoft. While Microsoft boasts a very high availability rate for their services, they do not backup your data. Here are six reasons why your organization needs a backup service:
- ODP Office Backup Solutions can help in the case of accidental deletion.
- Retention Policy Management is much easier with a dedicated backup service.
- An ongoing backup plan greatly lowers the risk of loss due to malicious damage or deletion by internal actors.
- Cyber-attacks rely on weak backups. Having recent data available will thwart many cyber attacks.
- Backups help meet compliance standards such as data residency laws, legal retention regulations, and data availability during investigations.
- Backups assist in hybrid deployments when Office 365 data is being used both on-premises and in the cloud. Keeping a single source for data backups makes management simpler.
These reasons, and more, make ODP Office Backup Solutions an easy choice for your organization.